Hello all, Happy Mother’s Day. In honor of Mother’s Day, I have decided to do a post about my favorite fictional/book moms. It’s not a very long list but each of these characters actually remind me of someone from my life, so I wanted to share it with you all.
- Molly Weasley from Harry Potter series: She is very welcoming and nurturing, her arms and her door are always open to her children’s friends, whether they’d be in trouble or not. Although she seems like the most motherly, nice, and soft person in the world, if you cross her and/or try to hurt her children in any way, she’ll make you pay for it. She reminds me of my mother, my mother-in-law and my host mother (when I lived in USA for a year) so much. Each of these ladies would put their lives on a hold to open up their hearts and arms and help a soul in need.
- Maura Sargent from The Raven Cycle series: Maura is a single mother, who’s raising her daughter with her other psychic friends. She is fun, loving and trusting and never doubts her daughter, however, when she senses trouble she is not afraid to warn Blue (her daughter) away. Her fun ways, and friendliness reminds me of my aunt and aunt-in-law. Both of these ladies have so much love for their children that they would take trouble head on for them.
- Gisele Duchant from Chateau of Secrets: Gisele’s story is a bit different than the ladies mentioned above. She lives during the WW2 era in a medieval chateau in Normandy during the Nazi occupation. Her entire life is full of secrets that doesn’t get revealed until after her granddaughter goes to Normandy after calling off her engagement. Slowly but surely all the secrets starts to get surfaced and we all fall in love with her courage and selflessness. Now, I can’t really say that Gisele’s character reminds me of a specific person in my life, her character mostly her selfless and courageous behaviors during the hardest time of her life reminds me of every parent that I know who would put their children first.
- Grandma Mazur from One of the Money: Hahahaha, what else can I say about Grandma Mazur, if you’ve read the book and/or watched the movie (book is a lot better as always) you’ll love Grandma Mazur. She is funny and enjoyable without being over the top, with just a little hint of crazy. She will have you in stiches from laughing out loud. I know a couple of ladies that reminds me of Grandma Mazur, of course, they are my grandmother and my husband grandmother. Both these ladies know how to have fun and to show you a good time when you are with them.
- Gavin from Seduction and Snacks: Now, I had to include this book, not because the mother character reminded me of anyone but the child characters reminds of someone special. During this book, Gavin is a little boy who’s got a bad mouth and a neck for mischief. He’s so much fun to read about and will have you laughing out loud at every page he’s on. He’s a show stealer that’s for sure. His sassy character reminds me so much of my daughter, she’s fun, charismatic and mischievous with a side dish of extra sass. Where Gavin grabs his mother’s “toys” and runs around the house waiving them around, my daughter; who’s only 2.5 confesses her love for boys, boys like prince’s… she gets googely eyed over hockey players on tv, and demands that I sit on my corner and leave her cheeks alone (chubby cheeks, can hold myself from kissing and pinching them hehehe).
I hope you like this little list. I would love to hear about your favorite book characters and who they remind you of in your life. 🙂